Hi! I'm Leah Culver.
I'm a iOS and Python developer living in San Francisco. I'm the Product Director and lead iOS engineer at Sincerely - makers of Sesame, Postagram, and Ink. I'm also a co-author of both the OAuth and OEmbed API specifications.
I was formerly the co-founder and lead developer of Pownce, a blogging and social networking application. Pownce was acquired by Six Apart in November 2008 and the website was subsequently shut down. I also co-founded Convore which was funded by Y Combinator in the winter of 2011. Convore transitioned into Grove, hosted IRC for teams and was acquired by Revolution Systems in 2012.
I'm passionate about mobile apps, APIs, social networks, open source, and open specifications. When I'm not coding, I like to travel, run, and drink Diet Coke.
- Postagram - Send real postcards from your iPhone or Android.
- Sesame - Themed gift sets mailed from your iPhone.
- Ink - Mail personalized greeting cards from your iPhone.
- Grove - Hosted IRC and so much more. Acquired by Revolution Systems.
- Pownce - Social network and micro-blogging site. Acquired by Six Apart.
- Convore - Group chat for everyone.
- Baconfile - Simple web interface for Amazon S3.
- Hurl - HTTP client and tool for testing APIs. Winner of "Most Complete" in the 2009 Rails Rumble. Acquired by Twilio.
- OAuth - Open authorization protocol. Used by Google, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more.
- OEmbed - Open format for embedding photos and videos. Used by YouTube, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
- PullToRefresh - A simple iPhone TableViewController for pull-to-refresh functionality.
Here's my press bio:
Leah Culver is an iOS/Python developer and the Product Director at Sincerely Inc. which builds mobile apps for making the world a more thoughtful place. She is also an advisor to Grove.io which she built in 2011 and sold to Revolution Systems. Leah was formerly a co-founder and the lead developer of the social network and micro-blogging website Pownce, which was acquired by Six Apart in November 2008. She has co-authored both the OAuth and OEmbed open API specifications. Leah promotes open source, APIs, and the Django web framework on her blog at leahculver.com.